Saturday 9 November 2013

Macaron heaven {A la folie patisserie Review}

I walk past A la folie on my way to work. It is a terrible tease as they time setting up the window with gorgeous sweets for the exact moment I speed by, trying not to be late for work.
When I got an early mark one day, my first thought was to pick up some deliciousness to take home for dessert.




I love pretty packaging. I felt like I had been to a gorgeous little boutique, well I had, a macaron boutique.

I first saw one of these on a friend's Facebook.

She was in Paris at the time. If I didn't already want to visit Paris, the knowledge that these desserts existed sealed the deal. Paris hasn't happened yet but the amazing Raspberry and Vanilla uber-macaron has.


 I also had to get a salted caramel chocolate one. Because how could I not?


Given how much work goes into these gorgeous creations, they are very reasonably priced at $8.90. The raspberry and vanilla was our favourite. Stunningly beautiful (the first bite is with the eye), it even has glitter on top! Juicy fresh raspberries with raspberry coulis provide a lovely tang to contrast the sweet macaron and creamy vanilla scented mascarpone. Superlative.

As expected, the salted caramel and chocolate was rich. If you are a chocoholic you must get one of these- rich bittersweet chocolate and perfectly oozy salted caramel. I love salted caramel and this had just the right amount of saltiness and carameliness (I may have just created a new word there).

Just look at it

Whilst the fancy desserts caught my eye in the first place, I had to get a couple of traditional macarons for completeness.

I consider macarons to be the epitomy of dessert, crunchy on the outside, sweet and creamy on the inside and so so cute. It can be hard to find a seriously good one though. Well friends, the wait is over.

Vanilla and caramel for the Bookworm and Rose for me. The Bookworm munched his before I could beg a taste but it had thick vanilla cream and a layer of oozing caramel. My rose one was delicately rose-y and creamy and perfectly balanced- like a fine glass of wine:)

It's a big call but I'm going to make it- these are the best macarons in Melbourne.

To keep up with my latest recipes, reviews and rantings follow me on  Bloglovin', facebook, or Twitter (@seekingvictory1)

A La Folie Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, whether you agree or disagree with me I would love to hear what you think.